3-5 Core Curriculum - Life Science:
This is Volume I of the three part 3-5 Core Curriculum Human Body series.
Brains, eyeballs, muscles and bones! Welcome to Grades 3-5 Human Body Volume 1, a multisensory and hands-on exploration of the human muscular, skeletal, nervous, vision and hearing systems. Highlights include 32 hands-on activities and experiments to engage your children and provide a multisensory exploration of body systems. Each chapter includes current and active links to multiple videos, hands-on activities, experiments, readings, worksheets, charts, interactive websites, games, full-color high resolution graphics, and more!
Take a peek inside:
- Major muscles of the muscular system
- Muscles used in everyday activities
- Skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscles
- How muscles and bones work together
- Major bones of the skeletal system
- Protecting the skull and its contents
- The purpose of cartilage, tendons and ligaments
- Broken bones
- The human brain
- Neurons and the nervous system
- How the eye works
- Cool eye tricks
- The interdependence of human body systems
- How the ear works
- How sound waves travel
- How to protect your hearing
- and much more!
activities in this unit study are presented in an easy to follow format with an active and updated web link. Click on the link and the best resources on the World Wide Web appear for your children. The links bring the world to your children by providing streaming videos, interactive web sites, educational games, audio files, and more.