6-8 Core Curriculum - Earth and Space Science:
Take your students on a wild ride to the center of the earth with this interactive and hands-on exploration of the layers of the earth, tectonic plates, earthquakes, volcanoes, and more! Highlights include 20 hands-on activities and experiments to engage your children and provide a multisensory exploration of earth's geologic processes. Each chapter includes web links to multiple videos, hands-on activities, experiments, readings, worksheets, charts, interactive websites, games, full-color high resolution graphics, and more!
Take a peek inside:
- The core, mantle and crust of the earth
- Faults, folds and joints
- Material composition of earth's layers
- Diamonds in the earth's mantle
- Jules Verne's A Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Connections between astronomy and geology
- Geologic time
- Alfred Wegener and Continental Drift Theory
- Tectonic plate theory
- Convergent, divergent and transform plate boundaries
- Causes of natural disasters
- Predicting natural disasters
- Measuring natural disasters
- Safety tips for natural disasters
- Ancient cultural views of earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis
- The Ring of Fire
- Geophysicists, volcanologists, and seismologists
- 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
- and much more!
All 51 activities in this unit study are presented in an easy to follow format with an active and updated web link. Click on the link and the best resources on the World Wide Web appear for your children. The links bring the world to your children by providing streaming videos, interactive web sites, educational games, audio files, and more. At Intellego Unit Studies, we believe in the varied learning styles and multiple intelligences of every child. That's why all of our unit studies include reading and writing activities, videos, art, music, comparisons, drawing and painting, discussions, hands-on activities, art projects, full-color high resolution graphics, printable activity pages, and more!