6-8 Core Curriculum - History: Ancient Civilizations II
This is Volume II of the Grades 6-8 History series!
Take your children on this fascinating trip back in time to explore the ancient civilizations of Greece and Rome. Highlights include multisensory activities to engage your children and provide the connection to make history relevant in their own lives. Each chapter includes current and active links to multiple videos, hands-on activities, experiments, readings, worksheets, charts, interactive websites, games, full-color high resolution graphics, and more!
This unit study is part of our history core curriculum series for grades 6-8. The time needed to complete this unit study will vary for each child, but you should expect to spend approximately 40 hours.
Take a peek inside:
- Geography of ancient Greece and the Roman Empire
- Connections among multiple ancient civilizations
- The disappearance of the ancient Minoans
- Greek city-states
- Athenian democracy and its legacy
- Daily life in ancient Greece and Rome
- Greek and Roman mythology
- Roman Paganism and the rise of Christianity
- The ancient Olympics
- Socrates, Plato and Aristotle
- Plato's lost city of Atlantis
- Homer and Troy
- Ancient Greek drama
- Ancient Greek architecture and its legacy
- The Persian Wars and the Peloponnesian War
- Alexander the Great
- The ancient Etruscans
- The Roman Republic and its legacy
- The Punic Wars
- Hannibal of Carthage
- The Roman Army: tactics and weapons
- The rise of the Roman Empire
- Roman Emperors
- Slavery and social order in the Roman Empire
- Roman architecture and technology
- Roman Gladiators
- The fall of Rome
- and much more!
All activities in this unit study are presented in an easy to follow format with an active and updated web link. Click on the link and the best resources on the World Wide Web appear for your children. The links bring the world to your children by providing streaming videos, interactive web sites, educational games, audio files, and more. At Intellego Unit Studies, we believe in the varied learning styles and multiple intelligences of every child. That's why all of our unit studies include reading and writing activities, videos, art, music, comparisons, drawing and painting, discussions, hands-on activities, art projects, full-color high resolution graphics, printable activity pages, and more!